Have you ever experience this browser hijack infection? Well, it can be really frustrating if you keep on encountering this problem. There are many things that you need to know about this infection including the methods used to remove it.
What Is A Redirect Virus?
This is a type of search engine infection and is also considered as a notorious malware that works by redirecting your searches to malicious websites. It is loaded with rootkits that alters your computer settings and that leads you to a website that looks a lot like Google but is in reality a malicious webpages. This means that having this type of computer infection can bring you to a website which you don’t intend to visit.
Steps To Remove The Infection
1. The first step that you can take is to see if your hosts files have malicious entries. Open the hosts file with Notepad and once you see several lines of code and IPs and if they rewrite Microsoft domains then you should delete them.
2. You may also check the Domain Name Server settings and you can do this by navigating to the Control Panel, clicking on Network Connections, selecting your local network, right-clicking on the icon of your local network and then selecting properties.
3. Once a window appears click on Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and then click on Properties. In the Internet protocol window, choose “Obtain an IP address automatically” as well as the option that says “Obtain DNS server address automatically”. You may then click on OK to save the changes you made.
4. You may check on your Internet Explorer’s proxy settings by simply launching the browser, clicking on Tools and then Internet Options. Click on the Connections tab and then press LAN Settings. You may then uncheck everything and then click on OK.
5. You can also check your Mozilla Firefox proxy settings by launching the browser, clicking on Tools and then Options. Click on Advanced , the Network tab and then press the Settings button. Choose “No proxy” and then press OK.
If for any reason you are looking for an easier and faster process in getting rid of the infection you can use a software application that can instantly fix the issue for you.
Do you want to finally set your unit free from threats and infections? Visit: Redirect Virus Software Solution
Once you use the application your computer will be safe from any risk and threats as it can automatically remove all infections and viruses from the PC.
Find out more about the software! Visit: Redirect Virus